By: Blonde Two
Dartmoor walks, Dartmoor navigation training and Dartmoor wild camping
We offer a range of navigation training workshops, walks and wild camping experiences on Dartmoor. To find out more check out our Dartmoor Workshops page and email us. We can also offer bespoke walking, navigation or wild camping opportunities.
Well, what is a girl supposed to do after a night of TV appearances and walking excitement? We hope you caught our appearance on Britains Favourite Walks: Top 100, if you didn’t, you have 29 days to catch up with it.
Dartmoor came in at a very healthy number 57 but if you haven’t seen the program I won’t tell you which our great nation chose as their favourite walk.
If you did watch Britain’s Favourite Walks: Top 100 you will almost certainly have been inspired to Get Outside and enjoy some of the amazing countryside on display. I know that my walking bucket list has now grown to enormous proportions. For me, the very best thing about the program was the variety; not only was the UK shown to be home to the most stunning walking locations, across all kinds of terrain and giving all kinds of views, Britain’s Favourite Walks: Top 100 proved that the Get Outside message is for everyone (even strange Blondes who talk to rocks!)
So, if you have woken up this morning determined to do a bit more Get Outside and wishing that you could experience some of the 100 walks, the good news is that you can. We have a few Get Outside tips for you below (with a Dartmoor bias of course!)
- Watch the ITV’s Britain’s Favourite Walks: Top 100 again and decided which walk you would like to aim for (I can really recommend number 57!)
- Join us on one of our Dartmoor guided walks, navigation training workshops or Dartmoor wild camping weekends (more information here, just drop me an email and I will help you decide which is right for you).
- View the routes in OS Maps in all of their full Ordnance Survey mapping splendour. You might be particularly interested in the South West walking routes (although my definition of South West appears to be slightly different to that of everybody else!)
- Buy a copy of our book ‘The Non-Story of Ignatius Bowerman’, based on Bowerman’s Nose, the focus of our Dartmoor walk for Britain’s Favourite Walks: Top 100. A children’s story that has been read as often by adults, ‘ The Non-Story of Ignatius Bowerman‘ is a tale of adventure and friendship that we guarantee will make you want to Get Outside and find Bowerman’s Nose yourself.
- Join us on Saturday February 24th for a daytime walk to Bowerman’s Nose on Dartmoor (£10). We might even do a bit of story reading if you ask nicely!