By: Blonde One
School has had a real buzz about it since we came back after the summer holidays. I don’t think it’s just my imagination combined with wishful thinking, but there seems to be an air of excitement. There are several possible reasons for this.
- Teachers are pleased to get back to their routines, see their friends and get back to the job that they love.
- Students are keen to see their friends and excited to be that year group that they have aspired to be like for the last 12 months.
- We all like routine, despite what we say!
- September brings a new set of after school clubs to choose from. We have a huge variety ranging from academic, to sport, to craft and it’s always a tough choice for our students to know which ones to pick; often the choice is so great that they wish they could do two a day.
- We all feel ready for the challenges ahead and are refreshed and motivated.
There is also a buzz being created by outdoor opportunities at Trinity. There has been an increase in the number of students signed up to come along on my World Challenge trip to Morocco next year even though there has been no new advertising for it. I have now also got Bronze, Silver and Gold DofE groups, with students itching to get on with their sections and begin discussed their expeditions. We also have a very welcome addition to the Outdoor Education offer this year as Ten Tors is back. It has not been run at Trinity for a few years so everyone is pleased to see it back, especially the year 9 and 10s who can’t wait to get out on the moors and prove how worthy they are to receive that medal in May.
It’s going to be another busy year but I anticipate a hugely successful and fulfilling one!