By: Blonde One
Two Blondes Walking has an affiliate advertising relationship with Ordnance Survey
Our first Ten Tors walk of the Trinity School season was a little later than usual due to the dreaded Covid but it didn’t disappoint!
It was the beginning of my 22nd year doing this and I spent a bit of time considering what the essential ingredients are for a successful first walk. It is important to give the potential team a challenge but not so much that they were put off from participating.
Here’s what I decided was needed:
- A willing and able staff team.
- Students need to be enthusiastic and willing to learn.
- Rain is bad, rainbows are good.
- Organisation is key (staff and student team).
- Equipment should be appropriate and in good condition.
- Supportive people back at base: school staff, staff family and student family.
- Courage and resilience.
- A good sense of humour.
- A bag that is not too heavy.
Mostly the first walk measured up with the essential ingredients!