By: Blonde One
Blonde Two and I recently spent a happy few minutes waiting for a DofE team, watching sheep in a field. The sheep showed us some interesting behaviours and we came up with a list of questions that we would like them to answer:
- Do you have a night time routine? Do you sleep when it’s dark?
- Do you follow any other sheep or is there a hierarchy of which ones to follow?
- Do you wonder what’s in the field next door, over the wall?
- When you climb over the wall into the field next door are you pleased with your efforts?
- Do you communicate with the other sheep about the best grass to eat or the best spot to sleep?
- What’s the best thing about being a sheep?
- Do you wonder why two legged creatures sit in metal boxes watching you?
- What do you first think about when you wake up?
All of these things are fascinating but we didn’t get any answers. There was one occasion where a sheep was sneezing but it almost looked like it was choking. I asked it: ‘Are you choking?’ and it shook its head. But that’s the closest we came to an actual conversation!