By: Blonde Two
This weekend we Blondes aren’t (as planned) teaching lots of lovely people how to winter wild camp on Dartmoor. Storm Dennis has put a scupper to that plan. Instead we have come to Dartmoor without our tent, and are snuggled up in the very lovely Forest Inn at Hexworthy. As well as generally catching up and giggling, we have taken the opportunity to do some Get Outside planning for the year ahead. The problem with the British weather is that it does sometimes win the day when it comes to outdoor activities but there is always something you can be doing during storms such as Storm Dennis to make sure that you don’t waste any time indoors when the sun does start to shine again. Here are our five top tips for things you could do today to make sure you are ready to Get Outside very soon:
- Treat your walking boots to a good clean and polish
- Plan your next walking/running/cycling route (we recommend the OS Maps app for this)
- Sow some seeds for your summer garden (time in the garden counts as Get Outside time)
- Reproof your waterproof jackets (don’t forget your waterproof trousers as well)
- Read a few great outdoor blogs (we recommend this one https://splodzblogz.co.uk/)
Or you could just make a cake and eat it… You are going to need that energy some day right?!?