By: Blonde Two
A few weekends ago I felt the need for some Dartmoor therapy. I decided to ‘push the boat out’ and stay at the most excellent Prince Hall Hotel. It was fantastic from start to finish. I arrived feeling more than a little stressy and left with spring in my step and a renewed sense of optimism.
Here’s what you get for your money:
1. Check-in from 2pm. This allows ample time for having a bath, reading half a book and having a little power nap after a strenuous march across the moors.
2. An open fire in the lounge which is perfect for reading the Devon Life magazines that are provided, or (if absolutely necessary) connecting to the wi-fi, or simply daydreaming (in my case, that I could do this every day).
3. A scrumptious meal cooked to perfection and served in a cosy and very comfortable dining room.
4. Staff that are eager to make your stay as perfect as possible. They are welcoming, and attentive without being intrusive.
5. Spacious bedrooms full of oversized armchairs, beds and cushions. It would easy to spend the whole stay tucked away in the rooms aptly named after areas on the moor. I stayed in Brentor.
6. A delicious choice from the breakfast menu. I had boiled eggs and soldiers.
7. A perfect atmosphere for being quiet without being uncomfortable.
Two questions remain:
1. When will you go and stay?
2. When will I return?